Pages

Playtime at Jump Yard

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Having two energetic and makulit boys, I'm always on the lookout for places they can release their energy. They do love going to play gyms but I usually don't find it fun going inside with them. I mean, I just stand there and scream at them when they get too rowdy. But now, I found a place both parents and kids can enjoy and it's so near our house!

Jump Yard is a new indoor trampoline playground located at Frontera Verde, between Fun Ranch and the Avilon Zoo (previously the Blue Whale Restaurant).



After attending their event last week, I went back last Chinese New Year with my boys and some of my little kuya's classmates. With Jump Yard just a few weeks old (still in soft opening stages) I thought going on the first hour we would have the play area to ourselves. Boy was I wrong!

Ang daming tao! I guess being a holiday and all, many thought it would be a great time to visit the place. I didn't get to take picture of the chaos anymore coz I was busy submitting waivers, paying and getting our socks. I hope Jump Yard will develop a better system accepting payments and waivers to avoid the same chaos in the future. It was a good thing I made arrangements the day before, otherwise nakapagsungit na rin ako!


Manila Mommy and Mommy Pia with Lucas. The lines have died down by then
I told my co-parents to go at 10am coz there were waivers to sign and the safety video to watch. We were aiming for the 1030-1130 batch because we had toddlers with us. From their event last week, kids below 6 years old can only jump during the first hour on weekdays. Maybe this is their way to make sure the kids can play without too many big kids or adults around. Eh kaso jampacked last Monday... still, my little bunso got ample space to jump around.

Dracula or Spriderman?!

drowning in a sea of foam
Jump Yard boasts of 2,000 sq.m of space with different areas to choose from. They have the Olympic trampoline, the Cage Ball, Dodgeball, Slam Dunk, Main Court, and the Foam Pit.


Olympic Trampoline - photo courtesy of Jump Yard
Cage Ball - photo courtesy of Jump Yard
Dodgeball - photo courtesy of Jump Yard
Main Court - photo courtesy of Jump Yard
Foam Pit - photo courtesy of Jump Yard
Our boys mostly stayed at the Main Court and Foam Pit. There were many marshals who are quick to call kids or adults who were not playing safe.

Funny thing was, the dads were "forced" to go inside to babysit the kids... but ended up playing (and sometimes forgetting to look after the boys!) instead! Kaloka! Good thing I went inside too!


Here are the Daddies!
I feel like a cheer dancer!



with fellow Atenean, Kuya Kiefer
After sharing some of my pictures in IG and FB, many parents have been asking me questions about Jump Yard... so here is my version of FAQs!
  1. Can I bring my toddler?  Yes you can! But they have to be accompanied by a jumping adult, meaning they will also pay the regular rate so they can be in the jumping area with the kids. They have what they call, adult platform rate , cheaper than the regular rate but they are just confined to watch the kids from the platform area.
  2. Is it safe?  Yes as long as you follow the rules. There's a safety video they require jumpers to watch before going in. Another reason you have to go early. But it's short lang naman. They also have marshals everywhere.
  3. How much is the entrance?  Right now they have the soft opening rate of Php250 both adults and kids. As mentioned before, they also have the adult platform rate, which is Php100. Until when this rate applies, sorry I forgot to ask.
  4. How long can we jump?   They have batches of 1hr each starting 1030am for weekdays and 1230pm on weekends. I guess if you want to jump for more than an hour, then just pay for another. As mentioned, toddlers are given the first batch of weekdays to play.
  5. Do I have to reserve?  I suggest if going with a group like we did, better to call in advance. But walk-ins are definitely entertained. They do limit 100 people per batch for safety reasons.
  6. Is there food there?  Yes, they have food with regular menu of spaghetti, pizza, nachos, etc. Just the usual fast food fare. I have to warn you though, allot 30mins for the preparation time. The tables outside are also limited so eating space is limited too but Management is still finishing the 2nd floor which will become restaurant too.
  7. What do I wear?  Wear comfortable clothes. If possible, sportswear. Remember there's going to be a lot of jumping! First timers are also required to purchase the Jump Yard grip socks for Php100. Next time you go back just bring the socks, no need to buy a new one. Or they do allow you to bring your own grip socks as long as it pass their standards. The rubber underneath the socks helps with balance, so it's important to have that.
  8. Do they have party packages?  Yes! And I'm thinking of having my little bunso's party there! Posting the rate here.
  9. Fun ba siya?  A definite yes!!!
It's an activity for the whole family and I would suggest this for companies as well. They could do small team building sessions playing dodgeball! Daddy already said he wants to come back and my boys have been talking about their "most fun day, evah!".



Visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jumpyardPH/ 
Follow them on IG @jumpyardph

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS